* The new system will now monitor up to 6 regular tanks (holding, fresh, fuel, etc) and 2 tanks that use the resistive sending units like the 90 ohm sensors in the larger propane tanks and the fuel tanks that have the WEMA float sensors in them (the WEMA sensors need to read the low ohm setting for low level and the high ohm setting for the high level). This is a change from the old standard of 4 regular tanks and 4 resistive sensing tanks. You can still order a panel that will do up to 8 standard tanks.
* You can now calibrate out the non-linearity issues of irregular shaped tanks. Our new software will allow you to calibrate in 25% and 10% increments instead of just the empty and full calibration which will take out the inconsistencies on tanks that are not the standard rectangular shaped tank. This is a great feature for many boats whose tanks are built to fit the hull of the boat. It is also great for tanks with "step-outs" or V-shaped or sloping bottoms.
* The new software will allow you to manually change the calibration settings if they are a bit off instead of having to fill and empty your tank again.
* Do you have a custom name that you would like to label one of your tanks? You can now enter any name you like for labeling your tanks.
* It is easier to get into the set-up menu with this new software. Just press and hold the "Menu" button instead of having to press the "Menu" and "up" arrow at exactly the same time.
* You can now change the volume of the alarm with the press of a button during set-up.
* There are also other behind the scene changes that just make the whole system run better.
* As this software uses more space than we previously had on our IC chips, if you are upgrading from an older panel, there will be a minimal charge of $10 to change out the IC on your circuit board.
* Also, please remember that if you do a software upgrade, you will need to reprogram and recalibrate your tanks as the programming is saved in the old chip that will be removed and replaced with the upgraded chip. All newly purchased panels will already have the new software in them.
* If you would like to upgrade your panel, click here to print the form out and send it in with your panel. There is an option to have us change over all the programing on your current board (tank names, alarm settings & calibration settings) to the new board so you will not have to re-setup and calibrate your new panel. This option is $25 which includes the $10 hardware modification fee. Do not send in the wiring harness or any other parts with your old panel. Just slide the circuit board out of the harness and send in the panel only.
* If you are purchasing the new iSeries and do not want to program your panel, please click here for a form to submit and we can program it for you for an additional $25.